Friday, August 11, 2017

Lisa's Review: The Only Child

The Only Child by Andrew Pyper

My Rating: 4 of 5 stars

Dr. Lily Dominick is a forensic psychologist. She was orphaned as a child when her mother was brutally attacked by a bear (though this explanation never did sit well with Lily).

Her most recent patient, Michael, is unlike any she has had before. Not only does he claim to be more than two hundred years old, but he also tells Lily that he knew her mother.

I picked this book up because I was intrigued by the Goodreads synopsis "[Andrew Piper] radically reimagines the origins of  gothic literature's founding masterpieces - Frankenstein, The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, and Dracula." I wasn't exactly sure what to expect, but I ended up with a read that hooked me on the first page, and kept the pages turning.

This is my third book read for the 11th Annual Canadian Book Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...