Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Circle of Quilters

Circle of Quilters (Elm Creek Quilts, #9)Circle of Quilters
by Jennifer Chiaverini
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I picked up this audiobook at the library because it had the word "circle" in the title and therefor completes the "shape" category in the 2018 What's in a Name Challenge. I have heard from various quilter friends that they really like Chiaverini's novels, but didn't really think they would appeal to me. I enjoyed this book very much. It was about the lives of a number of people who are applying for teaching positions at Elm Creek Quilt Camp. Their stories, and how they each come to apply for the job is told and then the reader is there for the interview of each. I enjoyed getting to know each person and was rooting for the various characters to do various things (I won't say what as I don't want to spoil the story).  There was some info about quilt making and a little bit of quilt history, but not as much as I expected. The structure of this particular novel may explain that. I am definitely going to read another of the Elm Creek Quilt novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...