Friday, May 25, 2018

Undermajordomo Minor

Undermajordomo MinorUndermajordomo Minor
by Patrick deWitt
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
"In actuality they were neither of them old men; their arms were still wiry with muscle, their backs straight and strong, and yet they had surpassed the mean, the center mark of their lives, and were both aware of an overall dimming." (p. 262)
As with his earlier novel, The Sisters Brothers, I really liked the style of this book. There is a dry wit to the narration that appealed to me. The story of Lucien Minor's life was interesting, but I felt like the characters in the castle, who were the subject of much of the story, were not developed enough.
This is my 13th book for the Canadian Book Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...